You can do this weekend to avoid having your drinks spiked
If you're going out this weekend, there are a few things you can do to avoid getting your drink spiked. First, if possible, order drinks from the bar instead of from the table. Bartenders know who's been working and they'll be more vigilant about what goes into your drink. Secondly, never leave your drink unattended - even for a second - because that's all it takes for someone to slip something in. Drink responsibly and don't take any chances! Drink spiking incidents are on the rise
Drink spiking occurs when someone secretly adds alcohol to your drink at a bar, nightclub, party or other social event.
The person who spiked your drink is not necessarily the one that gave it to you.
A guide to spiked drinks
Drink spiking: Add drinking or drugs to a drink without their knowledge.
The most common drug used is Rohypnol, but other commonly used ones are GHB Rohypnol and ketamine.
these are also referred to date rape drugs these dangerous drugs that can be abused without detection and usually come in liquid form and is easy to mix into a drink with no color or taste.
Symptoms Of Drink Spiking
The most common drink spiking symptoms are disorientation, memory loss, unconsciousness and an inability to move. If your drink is being drugged, the hallmark signs are usually vomiting and a severe headache. If you feel drunk despite not drinking you could be suspect to drink spiking or if someone slipped something in your drink without you noticing, it will not matter how much alcohol you have had you will still feel like you are drunk
How do I protect my drink from being spiked?
never accept drinks from a stranger
always try to watch the bartender prepare your drinks ordering from the table is not a good idea always go to the bar
avoid drinking away from your friends you should stick with your friends when they go out. For a smoke If the drink tastes strange, pour it out immediately.
This great little gizmo could also help you to avoid getting your drinks spiked over the weekend
NightCap: The Drink Spiking Prevention Scrunchie |
- Protect Yourself - This NightCap Scrunchie is a dually functional scrunchie that can be used to cover over most cups and glasses to prevent pills and powders from being dropped into a drink
- How it Works - Simply wear on wrist or in your hair until needed. When ready, pull drink cover out of hidden scrunchie pocket, place over drink, pop in a straw and Enjoy!
- Nylon/Spandex. Available now on Amazon uk click here
- Fits Most Cups & Glasses - this drink cover is made of nylon/spandex allowing it to stretch to fit most cups & glasses. This drink cover also keeps bugs, debris and other particles out of your drink
- Reusable and Easy to Clean - this NightCapIt drink cover scrunchie is reusable and machine washable. Throw in the washing machine after use and lay flat to air dry
- Disclaimer - NightCap cup cover can deter drink spiking in many instances. But always buy your own drink and do not leave unattended. This product does not guarantee your safety
Check them out here on Amazon uk.
we j and p hats are a a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.